Aug 21, 2011

Tzitzit





Numbers 15:37-41
37And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,

38Speak unto the children of Israel, and bid them that they make them fringes in the borders of their garments throughout their generations, and that they put upon the fringe of the borders a ribband of blue:

39And it shall be unto you for a fringe, that ye may look upon it, and remember all the commandments of the LORD, and do them ; and that ye seek not after your own heart and your own eyes, after which ye use to go a whoring:

40That ye may remember, and do all my commandments, and be holy unto your G-d.

41I am the LORD your G-d, which brought you out of the land of Egypt, to be your G-d: I am the LORD your G-d.


For awhile now I've read about and studied the Art of the Tzitzit (Tassels or Fringes)the meaning behind them and the reason for them. Wow what an eye opener.
I lived in India for a while, made me some Tzitzit and wore them around "as a reminder" it was harder then i thought. I was constantly being reminded of G-d and His ways. How He wants me to live and how i was Actually living.
Everything i did i was being reminded. As i walked, as i sat down, a slight glimpse of the Tzitzit out the corner of my eye, a brush against my hand. WHAT A REMINDER. I begun to be convicted of how i was living. Don't get me wrong I don't speak of conviction in a bad way. I speak of conviction in a way for us to learn and to grow, but this was constant. I wore them for a little over 3 months then "had to" take them off.
You know it's easy to try to be that "Christian" with a shirt that has some catchy Jesus phrase or a bumper sticker talking about Christ but when that stuff's not around are you the same?

I started wearing Tzitzit again and have had them a little over a week now. This time with a little more understanding of who i am and who "I Am" is. It's nice to be reminded of who you are and who He is. Of what He has done for you and what you can do for him. As well it opens the eyes of others to G-ds word through you, good witnessing tool.


Shalom & Agape

No comments:

Post a Comment