Aug 1, 2010

UPDATING

So after many long days and nights work continues to grow heavier. i don't want this post to be full of complaining just want it to tell the truth and well that's the truth. Were actually putting out a "cry for help in India, alert". If you like Kids and looking to serve, come on over. You'll get hands on training in many different areas of ministry and the experience of working with kids, you'll love it here, promise.


I recently hit the 4 month marker of being here in India. I haven't exactly accomplished the things i set out to accomplish but that's the way it normally works when i try to plan my future. I see Gods hand at work in some many areas of where he has me even though at times it can become hard to see because of distraction/obstacles. I find myself getting stuck on sharing about all the hard times and never talking about the good things that are taking place here.


I wish i could say that things are great here and and running together smoothly and that I'm having the time of my life but honestly that's just not the case. My first trip here was in 07 so i had a good 2 years of planning and thinking of what it would be like, what i would be doing and what kind of progression i would be making, bad idea (thinking ahead). It so crazy at times thinking about the position I'm in now and never once thought this is what i would be doing. I get to hang out with the kids and love on them which is what drew me to this work, but that's just a small portion. I'm constantly reminded that this is not my life and that I'm not in control but the flesh wants to tell me differently.


I'm learning so much about this culture and it's ways of living. Their customs and order of things are much different then ours. I hope to spend these next few months updating with practical experiences that I'm going through, living situations as well as the struggles i face.


Thank you for the prayer and support that making this Journey possible.


No comments:

Post a Comment